The police also released a roadmap of Ganesh immersion processions.
Traffic restrictions in Shastripuram from Hyderabad for three months; check alternative routes
Junctions in Hyderabad are getting a makeover
Restrictions will be applied to:
- SOUTH HYDERABAD: Keshavagiri, Chandrayangutta X Road, MBNR X Road, Engine Bowli, Shamsheergunj, NagulChintha, Himmathpura, HariBowli, AsraHopsital, Mogulpura, LakkadKote, PanchaMohala, Paris Café, Gulzar House, MittiKaShere, Kali Kaman, Osman bazaar, Sheran Hotel, Madina X Road, Nayapool, SJ Rotary, Arman Hotel, MJ Bridge, Dar UlShifa X Roads, City College.
- HYDERABAD EAST: Chanchalguda Jail X Roads, Moosarambagh, Chaderghat Bridge, Shivaji Bridge, Afzalgunj, Puthilibowli X Roads, Troop Bazar, Jambagh X Roads, Andhra Bank Koti.
Hyderabad: GHMC installs artificial tanks for the immersion of idols of Ganesh; see the pitches
The ‘world-class project’ frenzy continues in Hyderabad; now the city to get a solar bike lane
- WEST HYDERABAD: Tope Khana Mosque, Alaska Hotel Junction, Osman gunjSankerBagh and Seena Hotel, Ajantha Gate near Exhibition Center, AbkariLane, Taj Island, Chapel Road, AR Gas Pump at KLK Building.
- CENTRAL HYDERABAD: Chapel Road Entry, Gadwal Center at GPO, Shalimar Theatre, Gun Foundry, Skyline Road Entry, Bharath Scouts & Guides Junction at Domalguda, Kalanjali at Control Room, Liberty Junction, MCH Office Y junction, BRK Bhavan junction near Telugu Thalli Junction, Iqbal Minar, Ravindra Bharathi, Dwaraka Hotel Junction, Khairatabad Junction (Visweswaraiah Statue), Children’s Park, Mariott Hotel junction, Kawadiguda Junction, Musheeerabad X road, RTC Cross road, Katta Maisamma Temple at Lower Tank Bund, Indira Park Junction.
- HYDERABAD NORTH (Secunderabad): Traffic will not be permitted to enter Necklace Road and Upper Tank Bund from Karbala Maidan, Buddha Bhavan, Sailing Club and Nallagutta Junction.
Traffic will be diverted at the following points from 6 a.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday until the end of the immersion: CTO, YMCA, Paradise Cross Roads, Patny Cross Roads, Bata Cross Roads, Adavaiah Cross Roads, Ghasmandi Cross Roads .
A row over the dumping of Ganesh idols in Hyderabad Lake, police thwart a bid to stage a bike rally
The Paths of the Procession:
- The main procession starts from Keshavagiri and will pass through Chandrayangutta – Left Bend – MBNR Cross Road – Falaknuma ROB – Aliabad -Nagulchinta – Charminar – Madina – Afzalgunj – SA Bazar – MJ Market – Abids – Basheerbagh – Liberty – Ambedkar Statue towards NTR Marg, PVNR Marg (Route du Collier).
- The Secunderabad area procession passes through RP Road – MG Road – Karbala Maidan – Kawadiguda – Musheerabad Cross Road – RTC Cross Road – Narayanaguda Cross Road – Himayathnagar ‘Y’ Junction and will join the main procession at Liberty. Idols coming from Chilkalguda Cross Road will join Musheerabad Cross Road via Gandhi Hospital.
- The Eastern zone procession will pass from Uppal – Ramanthapur – 6 No. Junction Amberpet – Shivam Road – NCC at OU – Durga Bai Deshmukh Hospital – Hindi Mahavidyalaya Cross Road – Fever Hospital – Barkathpura Cross Road – Narayanaguda Cross Road and join the procession coming of RTC Cross Roads. Also, Dilsukhnagar idols will join the procession coming from IS Sadan – Saidabad – Chanchalgudaat Nalgonda Cross roads and some big idols will head towards Amberpet via Moosarambagh. Idols coming from Tarnaka side will pass through Osmania University Distance Education Road, Adikmet and join the procession at Fever Hospital via Vidyanagar.
- Processions from Tolichowki, Rethibowli and Mehdipatnam side will pass through Masab Tank, Ayodhya Junction – Nirankari Bhavan – Old PS Saifabad – Iqbal Minar till NTR Marg. Also, the idols coming from Erragadda will pass through SR Nagar – Ameerpet – Panjagutta – Khairatabad and join the procession coming from Mehdipatnam to Nirankari Bhavan then proceed to NTR Marg. Idols coming from Tappachabutra and Asifnagar side will pass through – Sitarambagh – Boiguda Kaman – Hotel Volga – Goshamahal Baradari – Alaska and join the main procession at MJ Market and proceed to Abids – Basheerbagh – Liberty – Ambedkar Statue – NTR Marg, PVNR Marg (Collier Route).
No traffic other than the Idol Procession will be permitted to travel on the main procession route above between 6:00 a.m. September 9 and 10:00 a.m. September 10. Traffic restrictions will be extended if the situation requires it, police said.
Parking spaces are notified to:
- Khairatabad Jn Engineers Institute, Khairatabad MMTS Station, Anand Nagar Colony at RR Dist. ZP Office, behind Buddha Bhavan, Gauseva Sadan, Lower Tank Bund, Katta Maisamma Temple, NTR Stadium, Nizam College, Public Gardens, next to Imax
RTC buses will not be allowed to go beyond Masab Tank, VV Statue, CTO, Plaza, SBH, Clock Tower, Chilkalguda Crossroads, Ramanthapur TV Station, Gaddiannaram, Chaderghat, Danamma Huts, IS Sadan, YMCA Narayanguda, Tarnaka. People traveling to or from Secunderabad Railway Station should use the Begumpet Road, Paradise Flyover, St. John’s Rotary and Sangeeth Crossroads. Those coming from the RGIA or traveling to the airport should avoid Necklace Road, Tank Bund and the main processional routes and instead use the PVNR highway or the Outer Ring Road, city police said.
The traffic police also issued helpline numbers for citizens. They are: 040-27852482 or 94905 98985 or 90102 03626.