Location: Parkville Campus
Role type: Full time; 3 year CDD
Faculty: Faculty of Commerce and Economics
Department/School: Williams Center for the Advancement of Learning
Salary: Level B – $110,236 – $130,900 per year plus
The University of Melbourne wishes to acknowledge and honor the traditional owners of the lands on which our campuses are located, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung peoples, the Yorta Yorta nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung people. We recognize that the land on which we meet and learn was the site of centuries-old ceremonies, celebration, initiation and renewal, and that local indigenous peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the lives of these lands.
About – Williams Center for the Advancement of Learning
WCLA was established in its current form in 2015 to foster teaching and learning at the Faculty. It was the first integrated teaching and learning support center at a business faculty in Australia and has become the model for similar units at other universities in Australia and around the world.
About the role
You will be responsible for leading and coordinating activities designed to raise awareness and support the work of the Centre, and for the development of a suite of diagnostic/assessment tools, as well as face-to-face learning and training programs and online to support FBE teaching staff. . This role would suit an instructional designer who has worked in a professional services role and would like to transition into an academic environment.
- Apply pedagogical learning and teaching theories and strategies to provide guidance in course and program review and design
- Lead the design, development, implementation and evaluation of exemplary learning and teaching resources that exemplify best practices
- Ensure that appropriate program benchmarks are deployed to ensure resources are used effectively to achieve WCLA’s strategic goals
- Prepare evaluation reports, statistical data and proposals relating to the strategic and future development of programs
- Create and implement effective instructional design frameworks based on established patterns for constructive alignment of learning outcomes
You will have a good understanding of business education pedagogy, including simulations, case teaching, e-learning and experience-based methodologies. Additionally, you will also have experience designing and developing online, blended/hybrid, and face-to-face topics and/or programs, both independently and as part of a team. You will be highly organized and have the ability to work independently to prioritize workload, ensuring all tasks are completed on time and to a high standard. You will have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with a range of people at all levels of the organization and be an effective member of a large team.
You will also have:
- A postgraduate qualification (or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience) in a relevant field of instructional design or in the wider field of education
- Relevant experience in classroom teaching, curriculum design, and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in developing, delivering and engaging professional learning for teaching staff in small groups and workshop settings
To ensure that the University continues to provide a safe environment for all, this position requires the incumbent to hold an up-to-date and valid working with children verification.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world. We are proud of our staff, our commitment to excellence in research and teaching, and our global engagement.
Benefits of working with us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and meet challenges, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our employees enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible work arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leaves
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary package and leave loading
- Free and subsidized health and wellness services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services, including Myki and Qantas Club cards
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To learn more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those who identify as LGBTQIA+, women, people of all ages, people with disabilities, and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our goal is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you think this role is right for you, please submit your application, including a brief cover letter, your resume, and your responses to the selection criteria^ (found in the job description) for the role.
^For information to help you compile short statements to meet the selection criteria and competencies, please see http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are committed to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Closing of applications: August 25, 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time